Casseruola Saliccia Patata (Sausage and Potato Casserole)
- 8 Uncle Charley’s Sausage Sweet Italian Grillers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoons of salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated romano cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large, deep skillet (one with a lid) and pan fry sausage until nearly cooked through. Remove sausage and set aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Add peppers, onion, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper; toss to evenly coat and scrape any flavorful bits from pan. Cover with lid and sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausage links into ½-inch slices. Remove lid from skillet during last 5 minutes of cooking and add sausage slices, oregano and parsley. Stir during the 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add tomato sauce and white wine; mix well.
- Transfer contents of pan into a baking dish that has been lightly greased with olive oil. Sprinkle grated romano cheese over dish and mix.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange on platter, sprinkle additional romano cheese on top and serve.