- ½ pound Uncle Charley’s bacon, cut into small strips
- 1 small yam, diced into small cubes
- ½ pound Uncle Charley’s Hot or Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 8 eggs, whisked vigorously
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, parsley or other favorite herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place bacon in a large cast iron skillet or in an oven safe sauté pan. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove bacon fat as necessary, leaving behind 3-4 tablespoons.
- Add sweet potato, coat in bacon fat and let cook for 10-12 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add sausage to the pan with the potatoes, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until no pink remains.
- Once sausage is cooked through, remove pan from heat to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Once pan has cooled, pour in eggs and add bacon on top of sausage and potatoes.
- Mix well to evenly distribute eggs around pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until eggs are fully cooked in middle of pan.
- Garnish with chopped herbs.