Thanksgiving is just around the corner and sure, you could show up with your typical mashed potatoes or boxed stuffing…but what if you switched things up and brought something a little more original?!
Yeah, you heard us: meatballs. No, they don’t just have to go on spaghetti. Yes, they CAN be made to be perfect for Thanksgiving! Here are a few easy ways to make it happen.
Meatball and Gravy Sliders
Grab a package of our homestyle pork meatballs, some mini biscuits, and that gravy you would have used on those mashed potatoes you decided not to sign up for this year. Cook it all up and make little sliders! Hold them together with festive toothpicks and watch your family’s faces light up when they see the new addition to the appetizer table.
Meatball and Sweet Potato Skewers
Using our homestyle pork meatballs and some cubed roasted sweet potatoes on mini-skewers, you can quickly spice up the party! Serve them with a brown sugar sauce on the side – can you say yum?!
Easy Sausage Stuffing
Sausage stuffing sounds old and tired, but it really doesn’t have to be! We pulled together a recipe that will really blow your family’s mind
What You Need:
- One package of Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage, removed from casing
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 14 oz. bread cubes
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ c. butter
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 1 ½ c. craisins
What to Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble your sausage.
- Add the onion and celery, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned.
- In a large bowl, stir the bread cubes, sausage mixture, poultry seasoning, apples, and craisins. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Pour brother and butter over top and combine.
- Put mixture in 3×13 inch baking dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
We hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy your new dishes – who knows, they might be requested in years to come