Easy Sausage Strata
This recipe needs to sit in the fridge overnight
- 1 package of Uncle Charley’s Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage Grillers
- 6 slices of bread, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- Place sausage in a large deep skillet with water nearly covering the sausage. Poach sausage over medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove water and brown sausage over medium heat, turning to brown on all sides. Remove sausage and cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- Layer bread cubes, sausage and cheese in a lightly greased 7X11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 50-60 minutes in preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.