Hot Sausage and Orzo Soup
- 6 links Uncle Charley’s Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 (10 oz.) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ?Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Place sausage in large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Remove from skillet, and crumble into a large pot.
- Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, and tomatoes with liquid. Stir in parsley, basil, and chicken broth.
- Cover; place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir orzo pasta and spinach into pot. Continue cooking soup 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.