This recipe is one of Len's favorites! The caramelized grapes combine with the spicy seasoning of Uncle Charley's hot Italian sausage to make a spectacular dish.
- 2 pounds seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds Uncle Charley's hot Italian sausage grillers, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 475 degrees.
- Remove grapes from stems and toss grapes with olive oil in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and quickly brown sausages on all sides.
- Place sausages over grapes in baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with white wine.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping sausages halfway through. Remove sausages to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour grapes and drippings into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour grapes over sausages and serve immediately.
Serve with roasted or mashed potatoes, or over creamy polenta.