Sausage Grits Casserole
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 pound Uncle Charley’s Loose Packed Pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- Butter, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare grits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender, stirring to break up sausage. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, grits, sausage mixture, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a buttered 3-quart rectangular baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven about 35 minutes or until set and heated through.