Just because summer camp was canceled and the pool is closed doesn’t mean you can’t have a summer to remember with the kids! We found some fun games that you can play and will get the whole crew outside and moving, regardless of COVID-19 🎉
Water Balloon Dodgeball
This one is pretty self-explanatory – dodgeball, but make it cool for the summer 😎 Fill up a bunch of water balloons, draw a line across the yard using some spray paint, and go to town! It will cool everyone off, give the kids some incentive to run around for a while and burn off energy, and give your grass a nice watering. Just don’t forget to pick up the broken balloons when you’re done!
You know that game of Twister that you used to pull out for game night? Yeah, you know the one. Grab the spinner, use some spray paint to create a board on the grass identical to the mat that came with the OG, and give it a spin! Maybe use a hose to spray people if they cheat 😏
Grab those 2×4’s from the house project you’ve been insisting you’ll finish for five summers running, chop them into equal sizes, and use them for a game of giant jenga! Set it up on the picnic table and get the whole squad involved. Timberrrr!!!!!!
Snacks to Fuel the Fun
Obviously you’ll need some food to chow down on between rounds of dodgeball and when you’re knocked out of Twister. We have a few thoughts for this, as well:
Mini Pork Sausage Tacos
1 package of Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage, crumbled
1 8-oz can diced tomatoes
½ c diced onion
1 T chili powder
1 T garlic powder
Package of small flour tortillas
Pico do gallo
- Brown the crumbled pork sausage in a large skillet, then add undrained tomatoes, onion, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally until the liquid is almost completely gone, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon onto mini tortillas and let the crew add their toppings!
Spicy Italian Sausage Mini Pizzas
1 package Uncle Charley’s Spicy Italian Sausage, crumbled
1 jar pizza sauce
1 package English muffins
Chopped green bell pepper
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown the crumbled spicy Italian sausage in a large skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out English muffins, halved and top with pizza sauce.
- Add crumbled Italian sausage, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Place on baking pan and cook until cheese is melty and slightly browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Top with crushed red pepper flakes and serve.
We hope you have a blast with these games and snacks! Be sure to tag us in any photos and videos you post using #UncleCharleys, we’d love to see what you’re getting into 😀