Zesty Penne, Sausage and Peppers
- 1 (18 oz.) package Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese,cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 minutes or until done. Drain.
- Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cream cheese; cook 2 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with parmesan.