Bangers and Mash With Guinness Gravy Recipe.
- Serving Size:2
- Total Time:1
- Difficulty:In-Home Cook
- 3Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 cupMilk
- 2 Tbsp.Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp.Butter
- 1/4 Tsp.Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp.Butter
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 Tsp.AP flour
- 3/4 cupBeef Stock
- 1/2 cupGuinness
- 1 Tbsp.Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp.Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp.Salt
- 1/4 Tsp.Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp.Onion Powder
- Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage
- Olive Oil
- Chop the potatoes into 1″ cubes and place into a medium sized pot. Add cold water to cover potatoes by 2″. Cover with lid and set the pot to boil over high heat. (About 8 minutes.)
- Once the pot boils, remove the lid, lower the temperature to medium and continue to boil until the potatoes are fall apart with a fork tender. (About 12 minutes.)
- When potatoes are fall apart tender, add milk, half & half, butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency and stir to incorporate seasoning.
- If don’t first cover and place over a low heat to keep warm.
- Start the gravy once the potatoes are on the burner. Make a roux by melting 2 TBSP of butter over medium heat then whisking in 2 TBSP plus 1 tsp of flour. Allow it to cook for about 2 – 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of Guinness and 3/4 cup of beef stock, continuing to whisk. Add 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard, 1 TBSP Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp onion powder.
- Allow gravy to come to a boil, continuing to whisk constantly. Once the gravy thickens, drop the heat to low, cover and keep warm.
- Start the sausages when the potatoes have 5 minutes left.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add in 1 TBSP of oil. Heat the oil, then add the sausages. Brown them for 2 minutes per side, for a total of 8 minutes.
- Divide the potatoes into two serving bowls or plates.
- Place a banger or two on top of the potatoes and cover with gravy.