Casseruola Saliccia Patata (Sausage and Potato Casserole).
- Serving Size:8
- Total Time:55
- Difficulty:In-Home Cook
- 8 linksUncle Charley's Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 tbspOlive Oil
- 1Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1Yellow onion, diced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 largeGarlic
- 1 tspDried oregano
- 1 tspDried parsley
- 1 canTomato sauce
- 1/2 cupDry White Wine
- 1 cupParmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large, deep skillet (one with a lid) and pan fry sausage until nearly cooked through. Remove sausage and set aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Add peppers, onion, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper; toss to evenly coat and scrape any flavorful bits from pan. Cover with lid and sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausage links into ½-inch slices. Remove lid from skillet during last 5 minutes of cooking and add sausage slices, oregano and parsley. Stir during the 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add tomato sauce and white wine; mix well.
- Transfer contents of pan into a baking dish that has been lightly greased with olive oil. Sprinkle grated romano cheese over dish and mix.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange on platter, sprinkle additional romano cheese on top and serve.