- Cook sausage links on the grill along with onions (see tip below).
- Prepare mayo by adding peppers to a food processor or blender with the mayo and lemon juice. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Blend peppers with mayo until well blended. Taste and season with salt and pepper to preference.
- Chill mayo until ready to use.
- To assemble sandwiches begin by placing a little of the mayo in the bun before adding the sausage. Add sausage and smear a little more mayo before adding the grilled onions.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Grill onions using a grill proof basket or slice in rings to make sure they do not fall through the grill grates.