Marinated Tomato and Broccoli Rabe Burger.
- Serving Size:4
- Total Time:30
- 1 pkgUncle Charley's Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 LargeTomato
- 1 CupBroccoli Rabe
- Fontina Cheese (Sliced)
- 2 clovesGarlic
- 2 tbspOlive Oil
- 1 tspRed Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat grill
- Slice tomato in to four thick slices and marinate slices in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tsp. red wine vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Cook sausage patties on grill over indirect heat (away from the flame) turning once.
- Finish sausage patties over direct heat to sear. Sausage is done when it registers 160 on a cooking thermometer.
- Remove patties from grill and top with fontina cheese, heat from the patties will melt the cheese.
- Cook broccoli rabe according to instructions below.
- Sauté cooked broccoli rabe in remaining olive oil and minced garlic.
- Assemble burger with marinated tomato and sautéed broccoli rabe.
Note: Broccoli Rabe is a great addition to any burger or sandwich. It has a taste that is similar to cooked spinach, so if you can’t find broccoli rabe, just replace it with spinach. To prepare broccoli rabe: Cut off stems and rinse with cold water. Chop leaves in to 2 inch pieces. Add chopped pieces to boiling salted water and cook until leaves begin to wilt. Drain broccoli rabe and set-aside until ready for use.