Pork Sausage with Beer, Drunken Onions, and Sauerkraut.
- Serving Size:6
- Total Time:45
- 1 pkgUncle Charley’s Pork Sausage
- 2 bottlesBeer
- 1/2 tspMustard Seed
- 2 clovesGarlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/2 cupSauerkraut
- Salt & Pepper
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Pour one beer and half of the second bottle of beer in to a medium pot.
- Add mustard seeds and minced garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Add sausage to pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- As sausage simmers prepare onions by adding the slices to a medium skillet with a teaspoon of oil or butter.
- Sauté onions until softened and beginning to brown about 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining beer and continue to simmer until onions are caramelized and the beer evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat sauerkraut in a small pan. Set-aside until ready to eat.
- Finish cooking sausage on grill, cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides or until done.
- Serve sausage with onions, sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard.