Sausage and Kale Egg White Frittata.
- Serving Size:4
- Total Time:10
- 1/2 packageUncle Charley's Breakfast Links
- 1 tspOlive Oil
- 1/2 cupKale
- 2 tspShallots
- 1 tspGarlic
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup1% Milk
- 1/3 cupCherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cupShredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook sausage links in a skillet until cooked through. Allow the sausage links to cool before handling.
- Once cooled, cut sausage links into smaller pieces.
- Heat a small oven-proof skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add shallots to pan and sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add kale to the pan and sauté until for 10 minutes or until the kale softens. Stir occasionally.
- As the kale cooks combine egg whites in a small bowl with the milk. Whisk with a fork to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage pieces to the kale and sauté for 2-5 minutes.
- Pour egg whites into the pan and swirl to coat evenly.
- Top eggs with tomato slices and cheese.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the frittata start to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- Serve from pan or carefully flip frittata onto a plate.