Sausage Caprese Skewers.
- Serving Size:8
- Total Time:15
- 3 linksUncle Charley's Sweet Italian Sausage
- 12 Mini mozzarella balls
- 1 tbspBalsamic Vinegar
- 1 tspDried Basil
- 1/2 cupCherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cubedfocaccia
- 2 tbspOlive Oil
- 4 in.Bamboo sticks
- Pizza Sauce
- Place mozzarella in small bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and basil. Set mozzarella aside until ready to use.
- Cook sausage links in frying pan over medium heat until cooked all the way through (internal temperature of 160deg.)
- Remove sausage from pan and cool. Once cooled, slice sausage into small bites, about 1/2 inch wide.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cubed focaccia to pan and sauté until focaccia starts to turn golden brown. Remove from pan and place on paper towel allowing excess oil to drain.
- Assemble appetizer by placing marinated mozzarella on stick, followed by tomato slice, sausage and focaccia crouton.
- Serve appetizer with side of warm pizza sauce for dipping.