Sweet Italian Sausage, Roasted Pepper, Arugula, Onion & Parmesan Pizza
- 1 (18 oz.) package Uncle Charley’s Sweet Italian Sausage Griller Links OR 1 (16 oz.) package Uncle Charley’s Loose Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 (12") pre-cooked pizza crust
- 5 oz. pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, thinly sliced into shavings
- 6 oz. arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In large nonstick skillet, cook sausage 10-12 minutes until browned. If using Griller links, cut into slices; if loose sausage, use the back of a wooden spoon to break sausage into small pieces. Set aside.
- Coat medium nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brown onions over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat, cook an additional 8-10 minutes until nicely caramelized. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust, sprinkle with mozzarella or provolone, red pepper, arugula, caramelized onions and arrange sausage slices on top of onions.
- Place pizza into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until pizza is crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle parmesan and remaining olive oil.