Appetizer / Dinner / Lunch / Snack
Hot Sausage and Orzo Soup.
- Serving Size:6
- Total Time:55
- 6 linksUncle Charley's Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1Chopped Onion
- 2 tspclove garlic, minced
- 1 cancan whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1/2 cupChopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 tspDried Basil
- 1/2 lbDried orzo pasta
- 8 cupsChicken broth
- 1 packageFrozen spinach
- Parmesan cheese
- Place sausage in large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Remove from skillet, and crumble into a large pot.
- Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, and tomatoes with liquid. Stir in parsley, basil, and chicken broth.
- Cover; place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir orzo pasta and spinach into pot. Continue cooking soup 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.